I was in a serious "green mood", and I couldn't get the color out of my head. So today I have a pretty green manicure to show ya!
But first a list of my favorite "green things"
1. Garden of Life "Perfect Food" - I drink this every morning!
2. Kermit the Frog- He rocks!
3. Limes- I love limes squeezed over Mexican street tacos and in my Vodka..LOL
4. My plants- I love having real plants in my office :)
5. My lace-less green converse- The perfect pop of color!
6. Green Tea- Well it's not actually green, but I drink this every day and love it!
I just received China Glaze "Sour Apple" from a friend/reader Terni in a swap, and I just had to wear it, but I didn't want to use "underwear" (1 coat of a nude color as the base color). so I decided to PUNCH-UP the green elements by using my favorite green creme as a base!
Isn't it awesome! 1 coat of Essie "Pretty Edgy", and 2 coats of China Glaze "Sour Apple".
Topped this off with 1 coat of "Gelous" and 1 coat of Seche Vite. :)
You know as well as I do that glitters are "top coat monsters", and they eat up most top coats for breakfast..LOL! Well all except, "Gelous" (found at Sally's). "Gelous" is awesome and once you put it on top of any glitter, it smooths it out nicely! :)
Funny thing is that "Gelous" is actually supposed to be a base coat, but we "nail-heads" have discovered that when put on top of a glitter...it ROCKS!!!!
The China Glaze went on smoothly and wasn't goopy like some glitters. I wore this manicure for 4 days, and every time I went out side, I gazed at my nails...I love the sparkle of the glitter!
I know you can still find some of these China Glaze "Specialty Glitters" online, and if you seem some grab them, they are a lot of fun :)