Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Color Club Revvvolution: Old vs. New

Yep, I have another comparison for ya!

Just like Diamond Cosmetics, Color Club went thru some changes with their formula of "Revvvolution".

Revvvolution is this dark charcoal grey holographic polish that had amazing subtle linear effect. But like all the holographic polishes, they are slowly going "the way of the dinosaur",  and are now in HIGH demand.














Left to Right: New Bottle (2011), Bottle received in a swap last year (2010), Bottle purchased in 2009.

UPDATE: This is the exact order of how I received them, I do not know why the labels are so different.  When I received my 2nd bottle, I immediately made note of my1st bottle, then my 2nd and now my 3rd (on my spreadsheet)....why do polish companies make it so hard to love a color?! LOL















Left to Right: New Bottle (2011), Bottle received in a swap last year (2010), Bottle purchased in 2009.

I swapped with another nail boarder on MUA to get the newer version (2011), after everyone on the board was saying the new bottles lacked the "Pizazz" of the older formula.  She sounded so disappointed to get a "dud", so I offered to swap with her, so I could do this comparison, So here you go...














Left to Right: New Bottle (2011), Bottle received in a swap last year (2010), Bottle purchased in 2009.  All 2 coats. NO TOP COAT















Left to Right: New Bottle (2011), Bottle received in a swap last year (2010), Bottle purchased in 2009.  All 2 coats.NO TOP COAT.














Left to Right: New Bottle (2011), Bottle received in a swap last year (2010), Bottle purchased in 2009.  All 2 coats. NO TOP COAT.














Left to Right: New Bottle (2011), Bottle received in a swap last year (2010), Bottle purchased in 2009.  All 2 coats. NO TOP COAT.













Left to Right: New Bottle (2011), Bottle received in a swap last year (2010), Bottle purchased in 2009.  All 2 coats. NO TOP COAT.













Left to Right: New Bottle (2011), Bottle received in a swap last year (2010), Bottle purchased in 2009.  All 2 coats. NO TOP COAT.

From what I can see, the difference isn't that drastic.  I think the new version of "Revvvolution" still delivers enough holographic effect to make any "lacquer head" swoon. 

My advice is that if it looks like a "dud" in the bottle, don't throw it away (you shouldn't do this anyway), try it on and see how it looks on the nail, and in the light...you may be pleasantly surprised :)


Pin It!

8 comments:

Nailderella said...

I got it in a recent swap but I haven't tried it yet...it doesn't look holo in the bottle, but can't wait to see how it looks on the nails! It's like for my Nfu Oh holos, they doesn't look holo at all in the bottle but are crazily holo on the nails!!

Awesome post! Thank you!!!!

Megan Harmeyer said...

It's different but it isn't glaringly obvious. Either way, it's a pretty and a MUST have for any collector.

Melissa said...

The label on my bottle looks closest to the one on the far right, but it's missing those two symbols in the corners. I got mine from 8ty8Beauty. I haven't worn it yet on my nails, but I did a swatch of it on my nail wheel and when I took it in the sun it didn't really wow me. I might have gotten a dud, but I'm hoping not. It's a really beautiful color.

Niesha(skyla91) said...

I got mine off Transdesign in late 2010 and I'm not sure if its a new or old but it has the same sticker as the one you said is the original 2009 one. I'm confused, too many remakes. maybe I should go wear it now!

Unknown said...

Too bad it's still the same thing..
Don't know what's happening with holos )=

Unknown said...

I agree everyone, they are close, but not quite the same, and why do companies have to change the formula so much...*grrrr*. Thanks for commenting!!

Johanna (Paillette) said...

I have old bottles, it is so nice to see that the difference isn't huge.
I don't think it was a massive holo to begin with.

Beautiful swatches!!

Angela said...

Oh hey! Are one of those the one's I swapped with you for? :D (hellokittyqueen from MUA) Lovely comparison! ♥