Monday, September 13, 2010

I don't like it...

Happy Monday!

Sally Hansen
"Purple Pizzazz"
3 coats.

I'd always seen this polish in the store, picked it up and thought "pretty", then I'd put it back....















So when I was shopping for a swap, and this was on the list I decided to finally grab a bottle for myself...and well I regret it!

Maybe I got a bad bottle, and since buying this bottle I have not purchased another Sally Hansen "Xtreme Wear" color since.

3 coats...and V.N.L.....uh huh, no way, not happy!


Nope! Not buying it, yeah its a beautiful purple, bright, jelly, gorgeous, but this SHIT is for the birds!


It has purple flecks, and well I'm not gonna bull shit you, its pretty, but it has to be layered over a more opaque color to get anything near what the bottle looks like.



No! No! No! :( :(

Pin It!

10 comments:

amusedPolish said...

haha, I have to say, I love it when you rant about a polish :D

Stephanie Merlin said...

I totally agree. The sheerness of this polish completely ruins the beauty of it. The color in the bottle is gorgeous if only it wasn't so sheer. :(

Mistress Zombie said...

I purchased two colors from that sally line a year ago... neither of them would EVER dry. I tried waiting an hour once and it was just not happening. I personally wont buy anything from that line again. I ended up throwing both bottles in the garbage. Waste of money if you ask me.

Id love to find a dupe of this color that isnt sheer in the extreme, or from sally hansen. It really is a pretty color!

- said...

A jelly is a jelly I suppose. Maybe would you love it more if you layer it over a polish that has the color of your naked nails? Or maybe a purple creme?

Anyway, it's funny, I received this one some days ago and as I put a couple of layers on one nail, I was unimpressed. I will for sure need to make a full mani to be sure of what I thin of it but after having read so many rambles about this one I was surely expecting too much. If you ever need a consolation, I can tell you: purple looks great against your skintone!

Iris @ pimpmynailz.com said...

SEE! Listen to your instincts ;) I like the color but i understand where you're coming from.

Anonymous said...

Lol then don't ever waste your breath/$$$ on Urban Decay Toxin because it looks EXACTLY that sheer, and actually pretty similar...

Enamel Girl said...

i got this a few months back. i'm in love with the color in the bottle. i hate to hear it's so sheer :(

Sarah B. said...

It reminds me of Milani's Totally Cool. A beauty in the bottle, but oh-so-sheer...
I wonder why companies do this... Nfu-Oh's flakies are all in jelly bases that become opaque on the 2nd coat. So we know it's possible!

deltacephei said...

Mines sheer too but I kinda like it though.

Unknown said...

I MAY give this another chance, and layer it over a nude or another opaque color, as Jellynat suggested, but it won't be anytime soon, this polish is on "punishment" :)